Not so bad after all


Today was my first day back at work after the winter break. I felt ready to come back, but I really wasn't ready. The kids were great today. No issues, but I'm prepping to go on my anniversary trip, which means I won't have this weekend to do my lesson planning for next week. By the end of today I was feeling more than a little anxious! I was feeling really overwhelmed like I wouldn't get it all done. My co-worker/friend came into my office and I told her how I was feeling. She reminded me that this was the first day back and that I'll get to everything I need to, but not to let my job become my life. I realized that she was right. When I worked at the high school as a choir director, my job WAS my life. It was so stressful. But now that I'm at the middle school, I can relax a bit. I was so grateful for her advice at that moment. I was still feeling stressed when I came home that I ate some crackers and salami, but I didn't eat sugar! Yay me! 

Then I sat down to play on my phone. (Insert audible gasp) That is the kiss of death for me. I will sit down and not get back up until bed time. I had told myself all the way home from work today that I would workout when I got home because I didn't do it when I woke up this morning. (I hit snooze a million times instead!) But I was resting on my beeeeeeeed! I was so comfortable and I didn't want to change my clothes and put my sneakers on! UGH! Then I rolled up in a blanket. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I closed my eyes and tried to relax, but my mind kept saying, get your A$$ out of this bed and work out! So I threw on some yoga pants and a t-shirt and did not one, but TWO short work outs I found on YouTube! WHAAAAAAAT?! Who is this person making good choices? The picture is to demonstrate how much I DIDN'T want to work out. But I did it anyway.

I guess today was a win after all! If anyone else reads this, share a win of yours with me!

 

Comments