Day 2

Friday February 19, 2010

Another day in this barren sugarless wasteland.  Still have a headache, which means my body is detoxing.  Oh joy!  I subbed for high school choir today.  I LOVE teaching music, especially choir, and really enjoyed the distraction, but high school kids ALWAYS seem to have sugar around.  Today was "sweet treat" day at the school and they delivered treats to every class.  They delivered a small bag of Hershey's kisses.  One of the kids handed me one and before my mind processed my action, I popped it in my mouth.  Fortunately before I really tasted or chewed it, I spit it out.  Whew, crisis averted.

Let me just say to anyone who may be reading this, other than me.  Although I don't know of anyone who would willingly read this, it's just a bunch of rambling.  Okay back to my original thought, I do eat sweet things, but not made with regular sugar.  No I DO NOT use Splenda or any other artificial sweetener, I would be better off eating regular sugar.  I use sweeteners like agave nectar or stevia and sometimes fructose, but sparingly.  I will happily post the recipes I use if you wish to see them.

Comments