Day 3

Saturday February 20, 2010

Today was probably my hardest day yet.  I woke up this morning with a headache, still detoxing, so I knew that it was going to be a tough day from the start.  I got up, rather I was woken up at 7:10am this morning by my children.  See, I have a couple of weird children that get up with the sun.  They have no concept of sleeping in.  Curse you Barnum genes!

Anyway.  I got my boys and myself breakfast.  Then I decided to check my e-mail, start this blog, clean my kitchen, you know regular stuff.  As I was sitting at my computer writing an e-mail I got a most unexpected phone call.  *Names have been changed to protect the caller's identity*
Ring, Ring, "Hello?"
"Hi, this is Mrs. Smith.  I am calling because you ordered some girl scout cookies from my daughters."
"Oh, that's right." CRAP!
"I was wondering if we could bring those over today?"
"Um, sure.  How much do I owe you?"
"Well, you got 5 boxes so that's $20"
I got 5 boxes?!  Oh no, this is bad.  "Okay, I'll have the money ready for you."
"Okay, we'll be right over, bye."
"Bye."

It's official, my day just went from bad to worse.  Well the cookies were delivered and money paid.  I took the blasphemous boxes and put them on the kitchen counter.  They were staring at me, screaming at me to open them and eat a cookie.  The Samoa cookie box was screaming the loudest because those are my favorite.  Finally I could take it no longer, I moved the cookies into the pantry and shut the door.  The cookies laughed, "This is not the end."

Then an hour later my doorbell rang.  I was expecting my friend, but instead came face to face with 2 cute girls about 12 years old.
"Hi, we're selling doughnuts to help us raise money for camp, would you like to buy some?"
Really?  Is this a joke?  It took all I had to say, "I'm not interested this time."

I knew that I needed something sweet to get me through.  I had to make something with a good sweetener.  Suddenly it dawned on me.  I had a large bunch of over ripe bananas and agave nectar great sweetener for banana bread.  So that's what I made and it was good.  I mean, it's no dove chocolate, but it was enough to curb my craving.

Another sugarless day ended.  We'll see how long I last.

Comments

  1. Oh my sweet sister I feel your pain. My girl scout cookies are gone now. The Tagalongs disappeared within 2 days thanks to me. Then I got desperate and dipped Thin Mints IN peanut butter. I will join you in your drudgery. I vow to resist sugar with you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment