Day 8 - A set back

Thursday February 25, 2010

I have a confession to make.  Hard to believe, I know.  I had sugar today.  I caved, I couldn't help it.  I was doing so well too.  I was subbing in first grade today and the class was not behaving as well as they had the day before and I was getting frustrated.  My feet were hurting so bad that I could hardly walk by the end of the day. So I was feeling GREAT!  During lunch I had a little lunch pack that came with some yummy healthy stuff like chicken salad, soy nuts, dried cranberries, whole grain crackers and such.  The pack also included 2 shortbread cookies.  Even though the cookies were made with an unrefined sugar, and there was very little sugar in them, it was sugar non the less and I had to confess it.

But wait. . . there's more.  I had a S.A.S.S. jewelry party and the devilish girl scout cookies that were still sitting in my pantry came out for my guests.  I just wanted them out of my house!  After everyone was gone my business partner, Brieanne, and I were cleaning up, when I could stand it no longer.  I lunged for a Samoa and before she even knew what had happened, it was in my mouth.  It tasted good!  Then I grabbed a Thin Mint and then another.  Brieanne, being the good friend that she is, immediately took the cookies, but not before I was able to to grab another half of a Samoa!  Ha!  

There you have it.  I had sugar today.  I know I will pay for it tomorrow, but hopefully it will not take so long to get out of my system.  My feet are killing me so I am resting them on ice packs while I write this and my feet are now sufficiently numb to help with the pain.  I will do better tomorrow.

Have any of you had a set back?  I would love to hear about it!

Comments

  1. I only have one suggestion for you: MUTILATION! Squish it, mush it and then trash it. Some how there is some satisfaction in that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment