Day 20

Tuesday March 9, 2010

Well we are having a late start to school today because of snow, so I have some time before I go teach today.  Yesterday was a good day.  I made some AMAZING banana bread and the most INCREDIBLE chocolate pudding pie!  They both turned out sooooooo gooooooood!  Both were sugar free(I used agave nectar, mmmmm!).  I posted both recipes on the recipe page of this blog.  I am really starting to feel good now and my cravings for sugar are virtually non-existent.  Ah, progress.  I am hoping I can keep this up when I go to my mom's next week.  We'll see.

I forgot to finish telling about the second grader I mentioned in my last post.  He is a VERY smart kid.  He is in second grade, but does 4th grade work.  Why they don't bump him up a grade, I don't know.  He tends to be a trouble maker, mainly because he's bored.  Well I was subbing in his class and the class had a student teacher, so my role was more of an aide than a teacher.  This boy was having issues during one of our activities, so I "invited" him to come to the back table where I was and work with me.  While we worked he started talking about the major disasters in Haiti and Chile.  He said that our armies should be there helping those people.  I said something to the effect that most of our military were in Iraq and Afghanistan right now.  He said, "I know.  They're fighting the Taliban."  Then he said, "I don't understand why our allies think they shouldn't be helping over there.  I know that we are number one and everything, but they should still help."  Like I said, a very intelligent boy!  If I had asked my second grade son what he thought about our military's actions and our allies, I would have gotten a blank stare, or at the most a "huh?", followed by, "Can I go play video games?".  After talking with him I realized that sometimes it is the simplest view that makes the most sense.

Comments